Reconciliation and First Communion
Religious Education Programs
Calendar and Key Dates
** all meetings are generally short, but provide key information. They are held at 9:30 a.m. and repeated at 7:00 p.m. (PLEASE NOTE THAT IS A CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS YEARS!) Please make every effort to attend them, and call 652-7141 or e-mail Karen.email@example.com if you are unable!
October 9: Parent Meeting, CHURCH HALL, 9:30 a.m. & 7:00 p.m. Workbooks will be handed out at this meeting, and are to be returned by November 21ST. Video link for review: http://youtu.be/Wz5-vu6A58E
November 2: First Reconciliation Retreat for the student and one parent, Church Hall, 9:00 -10:30 a.m.
November 23: Reconciliation, Church, 10:00 a.m. - students must arrive by 9:45 a.m. and will be seated with their class in the front; parents and family members are welcome to receive the sacrament after all of the first-time students
First Communion - 1st Grade Year
- April 2, 2014 - Parent Meeting, School Library, 9:30 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. This meeting will prepare you for the Fall. (Handout)
First Communion - 2nd Grade Year
- Early September: Offertory Procession Schedule mailed. All students receiving this sacrament in the Spring are invited to take the gifts up at a Mass during the year. Masses are assigned in alphabetical order.
- February 5: Parent Meeting #1, CHURCH HALL, 9:30 a.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- February 19: Parent Meeting #2, CHURCH HALL, 9:30 a.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- March 1: First Communion Retreat, Church Hall, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Parent volunteers are always needed, but parental attendance is not mandatory! Workbooks and banners are due back 1 month prior to your communion date.
- helpful video links: http://bustedhalo.com/video/eucharist
Rehearsals for the sacrament: Rehearsals are held the Wednesday evening prior to the date for the sacrament; those receiving on Saturday, May 3rd will attend rehearsal on April 30th, and those receiving on Saturday, May 10th, will attend on May 7th. Rehearsals are held from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the Church.
First Communion Dates: May 3 and May 10, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. in the church. Students need to arrive by 10:30 a.m. in the Church Hall for preparation. The Mass will take roughly an hour, and the church will be available afterwards for family photographs.